Native to North America, Black Cohosh is a distinctive 'woman’s remedy.' It is probably best known for its exceptional ability to relieve hot flashes and other symptoms associated with menopause; however, it is also of benefit for other conditions associated with the female reproductive cycle, including PMS.
Black Cohosh helps stimulate delayed menses and relaxes uterine smooth muscle to reduce menstrual cramps. It is commonly combined with Chaste Tree and Dong Quai to help re-establish regular monthly cycles, especially after coming off the birth control pill.
In clinical studies, Black Cohosh has been shown to help diminish hot flashes, night sweats, heart palpitations, nervousness and irritability, sleep disturbances, and depression symptoms associated with menopause.
Black Cohosh can be used to:
• Relieve hot flashes and night sweats
• Decrease painful cramps associated with PMS
• Help re-establish regular monthly cycles
• Promote sleep and relaxation
• Help relieve rheumatic, joint, and muscle pains